Yarra Park Association
Return the Park to the People!
(and the dogs)
- Melbourne City Council sets aside an area where dogs can run off-lead. This is the only big area close to the City where dogs can run and socialise.
- This area is used by residents living in the City, Jolimont, East Melbourne, Fitzroy, Richmond and Collingwood.
- Cars are parked on the off-leash area, even when only a small part of the Park is used for parking.
- Car parking and free running dogs are not compatible!
- Yarra Park is used for parking 2 days out of 3. That's not much left for the dogs. And how do you know if it's safe to go to the Park? Walk down there, find out you have wasted your time?